ALL children are welcome at Minimbah Primary School!
Your child can start Kindergarten at the beginning of the school year if they turn five on or before 31 July in that year. By law, all children must be enrolled in school by their sixth birthday. Because students start new work in their new class at the beginning of the school year, it would be an advantage for your child both socially and educationally, to start school as soon as possible in the new year.
To apply to enrol in primary school please contact the school to make an appointment. For your appointment you will need to bring these documents with you:
- Your child’s birth certificate or identity documents
- Proof of student’s address – originals of different documents such as your council rates notice or residential lease and electricity bill
- Immunisation history statement based on the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register (ACIR)
- Family law or other relevant court orders (if applicable).
If your child is not a permanent resident you will also need to provide:
- Passport or travel documents
- Current visa and previous visas (if applicable).
It’s important that you tell the principal if your child has any special circumstances, allergies, health or medical conditions, before your child starts school. After your appointment with us, you will be asked to complete an enrolment form and return it to us. We will notify you of the result of your application.